07’ Model S Runabout

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
bobster1

07’ Model S Runabout

Post by bobster1 »

Well today was a grand day in my shop! I acquired a VERY ORIGINAL Model S Runabout that has history galore! It came out of an old Ford Dealership in Ashland, VA. That’s been closed for more than 50 years. It is so original that I just get excited every time I work on it. Today was special because I finally broke the engine free. I’ve been patiently squirting my special cocktail into the cylinders for two months as well as rocking the flywheel back and forth. More on this car later, but I’m preserving all of its original finishes and will make it my driver. It’s got some neat original accessories like a Wizard Danamo that produced voltage for the coil box. Steel spoke wheels which are in great shape.
Attachments
68D5FFA4-FEAE-4E1C-BD2E-DDAB28DFFAE5.jpeg
68D5FFA4-FEAE-4E1C-BD2E-DDAB28DFFAE5.jpeg (29.29 KiB) Viewed 226 times

robheyen

Re: 07’ Model S Runabout

Post by robheyen »

Great survivor! Would you mind sharing the engine number? Do you have other info on the history of the car?
Thank you for posting,
Rob

bobster1

Post by bobster1 »

Hey Rob, first off, I loved your article in the Model T Times, what great history! Keep the info on your race car coming, that's as rare as it gets!
As for my car, the Serial number is #704. I'm still working on the history, but it's rumored to possibly be a one owner car, but w/o proof it's just hearsay.

robheyen

Post by robheyen »

Thanks for the reply. Looks like about a January 1908 car according to Trent’s database. Unfortunately, that specific number isn’t in the ledgers. Please keep us current as you work with your S.

robheyen

Post by robheyen »

If you have an original, or suspected first owner name and location, let me know and I’ll see if any newspaper accounts exist about the owner and possibly their car.

bobster1

Post by bobster1 »

Hey Rob, I'm still waiting for a couple of people to get back to me with past history. I appreciate your offer on the newspaper search and will get back to you the information.