Model NRS, What color to paint my jugs?

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
bobster1

Model NRS, What color to paint my jugs?

Post by bobster1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello Fellows and Happy New Year. I'm restoring my 1907 Model N Ford and just finished cleaning the Jug heads. They were painted with a semi-gloss black paint which I stripped off finding no other clues of what Ole Henry Ford might have done when they were originally made. Do any of you know what would have been period correct for when they left the factory? Thanks for any help! Bob

ddunlavy
Site Admin

Re: Model NRS, What color to paint my jugs?

Post by ddunlavy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm

I did not paint mine at all. We'll see what the folks say. If you want to prevent rust from showing (like some on mine), I'd paint them with Duplicolor Cast Iron paint....
So good to see you on the forum.
Dave

bobster1

Re: Model NRS, What color to paint my jugs?

Post by bobster1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 am

Thanks Dave! I also use a paint called "Cast Blast", looks like clean cast iron and holes up even on the exhaust manifolds. Not to mention any names, but I had sent an email to one of our members that possible knows more about these cars and the documentation that exist than anyone. He said theirs no real documentation as to what the finish was, However, He does believe they were painted to prevent rust. It would have probably been a black finish. Tomorrow morning I plan on spraying them with a High Temp ceramic semi-gloss black paint. Right or wrong I need to move forward.