Oh the humanity!

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
bvansloun

Oh the humanity!

Post by bvansloun » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:52 am

The New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run was completed. The awful news is that although we had 4 Model Ks and 6 Model As and we had 12 Fords at the finish line, the infernal Maxwell had 13 across the line. We both had one car drop out on the run. Clearly we need to get full court press on completing a few more cars that are in process and get them on next years run.

We had wonderful weather, lots to eat at the stops, and some may have had an extra stop for 'refreshments.' The only real trouble we had was that a train broke down blocking the route in TWO places! Some of us knew the area and were able to find an alternate route, but a number of people added quite a bit of time, if not miles, trying to work their way around, one Stanley was lost for an hour or more.

In any case, we went from besting the Maxwells two years ago to tying them last year and the bested us this year. We'll have to take some cold comfort that we got more cylinders across the finish line.

In any case, double down and get those early Fords road worthy and registered for the run in 2019!

Pictures and links to more pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/antiquecarrun.org/

HerbIffrig

Re: Oh the humanity!

Post by HerbIffrig » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 am

Thank you very much for the time ay the run.

wayne sheldon

Re: Oh the humanity!

Post by wayne sheldon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am

Thank you so much for that report! I look forward to hearing details for this every year now.
I also like pictures, but haven't done Facebook for several years now. I usually cannot load them through my "not quite a DSL" slow internet connection.

Liked your thread title by the way.