Romeo NRS Engine Jugs

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
Steve Shotwell

Romeo NRS Engine Jugs

Post by Steve Shotwell »

The Romeo Historical Society Museum in Michigan recently contacted me and needs some help. Romeo is the proud home of the foundry that made many of the engines for early Fords. They are seeking to have on display examples of engines (or engine parts) that were known to be made in their foundry. Trent clarified for me that many of the NRS jugs clearly indicate if they were made in Romeo. The Romeo Museum would be most appreciative to purchase (or receive a loan) of such an item. They have limited means. I am also interested to have one on display for Piquette as well. Please contact me if you can help.

In a similar fashion, many early Model T engines were also made in the Romeo foundry. I am not aware of any special markings that would allow us to know if a particular engine was cast in Romeo. Any help with this information would be most appreciated!

I am new to your forum and attempted to attach a photo from the museum - hope it worked. Trent, Jerry Van and Bob Casey helped me to identify the object being held in the upper left corner of the photo as being a core pattern for Model T engine block. The photo includes foundry employees.

Any help here will be most appreciated.

Steve Shotwell
Ford Piquette Avenue Plant
Attachments
Romeo Foundry Employees w/wood pattern for T engine
Romeo Foundry Employees w/wood pattern for T engine

HerbIffrig

Re: Romeo NRS Engine Jugs

Post by HerbIffrig »

Now that is cool.
Thanks for sharing the photo.

bobster1

Post by bobster1 »

Hi Steve, I have a spare Jug I'd be willing to donate, I'll give you a call 1st of the week. Bob

Steve Shotwell

Post by Steve Shotwell »

Bob -

This would be fantastic!

Thanks so much.

Steve
248-930-8306