Dimensions of NRS Rear Axle Bearings?

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
JHAYNES

Dimensions of NRS Rear Axle Bearings?

Post by JHAYNES » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Gentlemen:
I am looking for some information about the dimensions Rear Axle Bearings for NRS cars. I bought at an auction several years ago a box of parts from a Gentlemen that had a auction in Spearfish, SD. He have a huge collection of early Fords among many others. In that box were two new rear axle Hyatt bearings which I originally thought were Model T. However these are smaller. He had them made in Germany. They resemble the reproduction rear axle bearings for a Model T. There is no spiral just solid steel. Could someone please let me know what the dimensions of the NRS rear axle bearings? I would like to find a home for these as they are not use to me, if these are not NRS then it is off to plan B. These are 3.93 inches tall, (the same as a Model T); diameter of the roller cage is 1.929 about .040 smaller than a Model T; each roller is .437 which is .63 smaller than a T. I would appreciate any help in this regard.
Wishing you all a Prosperous and Happy New Year!
John Haynes

jsummers

Re: Dimensions of NRS Rear Axle Bearings?

Post by jsummers » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:07 am

John, The bearings- the outside round ends are 2" outside and 1 1/8" inside. The ends are the same for both small and large. The rollers for both bearings are 1/2" diameter. The center to center dimension (going across) on the ends for the rollers is 1 5/8" for both bearings. The only difference between the two is the length of the rollers. The small is 2 3/16" and the large is 3 3/16" long.
With the exception of the lenght, the dimensions are the same as the T bearing. If you have any questions, or some of this is not clear, let me know.
Jim

JHAYNES

Re: Dimensions of NRS Rear Axle Bearings?

Post by JHAYNES » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Thank you Jim! The bearings I have are not NRS. I will go to plan "B". I appreciate the info!!
Best Regards,
John