McCord Oiler Wanted

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
pn951

McCord Oiler Wanted

Post by pn951 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi, I recently joined the EFR after I purchased a Model R (number 372 - can anyone tell me more of when it was built?) but it came with a exhaust pressurised oiler which was not original to the car and was not plumbed in. I wonder if anyone knows of a correct McCord oiler that I can purchase or exhange for my exhaust pressurised one?

Are there drawings available for the exhaust system? My car didnt come with an exhaust. Would they be the same as the Model N by any chance? I know a guy with a Model N and could copy his (I dont know if his is original or not though).

Are there any overhaul/inspection instructions available for the transmission? I would like to go through mine before driving the car but being a "newbie" to early Fords, I have no experience of these transmissions.

I'm looking forward to getting this car sorted and back where it belongs - on the road, now its going to take some work to get that far, but thats half the fun!

Thanks in advance for any help you folks of the EFR can offer.

cudaman

Re: McCord Oiler Wanted

Post by cudaman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm

I can't help you on the oiler, sorry.

The car database in the CD included with Pate's Early Ford Encyclopedia doesn't show R number 372. The two closest cars in the database are #365, which was built on 5/7/1907, and #376, which was built on 5/9/1907.

You would really benefit from ordering a copy of Pate's Early Ford Encyclopedia, it contains tons of knowledge, photos, and documentation on early Fords. :)

pn951

Post by pn951 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Thank you for the reply. You have certainly narrowed down the date my car was produced, which is great.

I was in contact with John Biggs a couple of weeks ago and he is to secure a copy of Pates book for me on his next visit to the USA.

jerryvan

Post by jerryvan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 pm

You may want to look at Lang's catalog for various NRS parts: https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/nrs-parts/

Floyd Jaehnert was making exhaust manifolds for a while. Not sure if he still has any though. The manifold is the same for all NRS cars, except Model N has a drilled and tapped hole for the exhaust pressure port that goes to the exhaust pressure oiler.

Transmission adjustment is best covered in the original manual, reprinted in the members section of this website. Otherwise, specific questions can probably get answered on the forum. If you have any reusable transmission parts then you're lucky indeed. Post photos here of anything you have in question.