EFR Call to action!

You MUST Register with your REAL NAME, LOCATION, and EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise, you will be banned and deleted. This help prevent spam.
bvansloun

EFR Call to action!

Post by bvansloun » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 am

Some may know that for many, many years, Maxwells OWNED the NL-NB run. The dang things were common as fleas. There must have been a dozen of various vintages and styles that would make the run every year. And there might be a lonely Ford, maybe two. This greatly offended a Ford guy, (who will remain anonymous, but he didn't have his K at the time.) And there was a great push to correct this anomaly. The number of Fords doubled and doubled again. Soon they outnumbered the lowly Maxwells and showed what a car engineered by a true genius could do. The reputation of the dowdy, slow (though it must be acknowledged, steady) Maxwell was usurped by the reputation of the reliable, sprightly Ford. In fact, the Ford drivers, gentlemen that they are, burnished their sterling reputation of such refinement, by zipping down the road, yet stopping at roadside establishments, where they would hoist a pint in honor with a 'Huzah!' as the parade of Maxwells plodded by.

Such has been more recent history.

However, THIS year, the infernal Maxwells have redoubled their effort and have signed up as if they were voting for a Chicago mayor. So this is a call to action for those valiant souls that will come to the sound of the bugle and the Ford flag! There are a too few protecting the reputation of our noble Henry Ford, we must rise to the occasion and overwhelm these upstarts. Sign up for NL-NB: http://www.antiquecarrun.org/

And warm up your car by joining us at Paynesville on August 4-6th.

John Biggs

Re: EFR Call to action!

Post by John Biggs » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 am

Well said Bruce.

A rallying cry that could have come from the quill pen of Will Shakespeare himself.

Rumour has it that he had a Ford, himself.

John
coming from England to show those Maxwell upstarts a thing of two.

p.schaefer

Post by p.schaefer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Bruce, Great call to arms. However I will be unable to join you this year. Best of luck with those pesky Maxwells.

Cheers Paul

John Biggs

Post by John Biggs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Paul

We will miss you.

John

ddunlavy
Site Admin

Post by ddunlavy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Curious as heck. Just how many old fords are registered?
I should note with full disclosure I am registered for NLNB and I told Bruce I'd be at Paynesville - I guess that is all the registration needed.
Dave

ddunlavy
Site Admin

Post by ddunlavy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Hope some more folks are going to Paynesville and NLNB.
I have removed covers from Model F, drained crankcase, added oil, put fuel in dry fuel tank, filled coolant, put "be-back fluid" in.
Dave

robheyen

Post by robheyen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:44 pm

I know three Model K will be there. Three "K" equal twelve Maxwell in number of cylinders alone.........

Back in the day, Henry Ford wished to race Maxwell for the title of "best car." Maxwell, being cylinder challenged, declined. Maybe we should extend the offer again.....